At The Body Repair Shop, we care deeply about the well being of our people, our customers and the communities that we live in. With all the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking the advice of the Australian Government in regards to handling this situation very seriously. In addition to adhering to advice of governments and the many insurance companies we work with, we have taken steps to protect both our customers and staff during these difficult times.
What are we doing:
- We ask all customers who have been sick, travelled or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days to reschedule any appointments for repairs, onsite assessments or quotations until completing the Government advised isolation period of 14 days. Customers will be contacted prior to visiting our site to ensure these conditions are met.
- We have changed our drop off & booking in procedures to reduce customer and staff contact as much as possible. Bollards have been installed in our front office to help enforce the 1.5 meter social distancing rule and we ask that customers place keys into the sterilised containers provided, rather than physically handing them over to a staff members.
- All vehicles & keys undergo a disinfection routine upon arrival and departure with hospital grade disinfectant that is safe for use on car interiors and exteriors. All keys, exterior and interior door handles, steering wheels, radios, indicators, controls, seat belts and any other areas that need to be touched when working on a vehicle will be disinfected.
- All cars are isolated outside of the workshop after disinfection for a minimum of 1 hour. This takes place both before entering the workshop and prior to returning to the customer.
- All staff understand the seriousness of COVID-19 and will not enter the workshop if in the last month they have travelled, been unwell, have had contact with an unwell person or a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Workshop staff are segregated within our workshop with the average work space per employee being 122 square meters (more than 30 times larger than government specification). Staff are instructed to maintain 1.5 meter distances from each other at all times, taking their breaks separately within their work stations.
- Our workshop has Industrial evaporative air-conditioning units that constantly push fresh air from outside (not recycled) into the building, ensuring any potential for contaminated air does not circulate within the building. The units runs all day.
- Office staff have been repositioned to provide more than 10 square meters average space per person (more than double the government specification). Office staff also undertake routine cleaning and disinfection of work stations multiple times a day.
- To promote fresh clean air in our office areas, reverse cycle air-conditioning has been turned off and has instead been replaced by natural fresh airflow.
- All staff have been advised and have materials available to them to ensure proper hand washing techniques and sanitation, workshop cleaning, coughing and sneezing etiquette, along with any other government health advice currently available is adhered to.
The Body Repair shop continues to follow the situation very closely. We are proactively enacting measures in excess of recommendations by the Australian Government in response to the emerging COVID-19 outbreak to ensure the ongoing safety of all our staff and customers.
Further advice on how you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health resources page for COVID-19 via the following link: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-resources
The Body Repair Shop are a family business, as such we put the protection of your family and our families beyond anything else. We wish everyone good health, to stay safe, and to look out for one another during these difficult times.
We thank you for your understanding.